New students and staff members, along with some parents of the new students, were welcomed with a powhiri on the first morning of school.
The Principal, Mr Kevin Carter addressed the school, warmly welcoming them to Rongotai College and wishing them well for their time here. He also pointed out that to get the best out of their time at Rongotai College, our boys
• give their best effort and aim to be the best they can be at all times, whether in the classroom, on the sports field or in performance areas;
• fully embrace and involve themselves in all that the school has to offer;
• treat each other with respect at all times;
• show pride in themselves and the school at all times, in particular in how they wear their uniform;
• take advantage of the fresh start that moving to a new school can bring and look to become “the man they would like to be”.