College Sport Wellington has confirmed the start dates for a number of secondary school competitions and events this term. The planning by College Sport Wellington and its partners means that the appropriate risk mitigation measures will be in place before these start dates. Ongoing, these plans and measures will be updated as new guidelines are announced by the Government. On that basis, College Sport Wellington can confirm the following:
- Badminton – the College Sport Wellington Badminton competitions will commence on 19 June.
- Basketball – the Dynasty College Sport Wellington Basketball competitions will commence on 16 June for Juniors and 19 June for Seniors.
- Football – the College Sport Wellington Football competitions (now proudly sponsored by Fuji-Xerox) will commence on 19 June.
- Hockey – the Wellington Secondary Schools Hockey competitions will commence on 12 June for P1/P2 grades and from 15 June for other grades.
- Rugby – the College Sport Wellington Rugby competition (now proudly sponsored by Tranzit Coachlines) will commence on 20 June.
College Sport Wellington will endeavor to confirm the format of competitions and other remaining competitions and events on the secondary school calendar in the next week. In particular we will be in discussions on the plan for Winter Tournament Week (31 August to 6 September), pending an update from School Sport NZ.
Best wishes to our sporting codes for your preparations over the coming weeks for the season ahead.
Director of Sport