To maximise the benefits of a connected learning environment, Rongotai College has adopted a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) approach for Year 9 and Year 10 students in 2016. We also encourage all other year groups to bring a device to enhance their learning.
To help you make a decision on the type of device, we recommend the following specifications:
• Wireless networking capability using 802.11g or n (Rongotai College provides filtered wireless access for student use with their devices).
• A colour screen.
• An on screen or external keyboard or other means of entering text.
• An audio-out port and ear buds or headphones.
• A minimum 4 hours of use from one battery charge (although preferably higher).
• The ability to run a full functioning, recent web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari) that will allow it to access Google Doc and other learning resources.
• Virus protection program (for computers running a Windows or Macintosh computer operating system).
• Operating System requirements are: Windows 7 or higher, Max OSX 7 or higher, Apple IOS 6 or higher, & Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher.
We have also created a BYOD Device Guide to help you, which can be downloaded.
Device Guide for Parents – click here to download and view