Kia Ora and welcome to the International Department of Rongotai College.
Rongotai College is a vibrant school which is committed to helping every boy become the best he can be. Our College has a long history of providing education for overseas students. We have a wealth of experience and good practice in developing programmes for students whose first language is not English. Individual abilities and learning styles are recognised.
I believe Rongotai College will provide a unique, supportive and stimulating educational environment for your son. Important in this environment are:
- A supportive and caring school, staff and students.
- Small classes, excellent learning opportunities.
- Personal care and individual tutoring - the Dean of International Students and the Guidance Counsellor are responsible for students’ welfare and academic progress within the school.
- An emphasis on excellence and high academic standards, preparing students for university and institutes of technology.
- Highly trained, enthusiastic teaching and support staff.
- High standards of discipline and behaviour.
- A wide range of sports teams performing to a high standard – Rongotai College students and old boys are New Zealand champions, or represent New Zealand in a number of sports.
- A range of cultural activities such as music, drama, public speaking, leadership and community service.
- Modern facilities, excellent equipment and up-to-date computer technology.
- A full English Second Language programme with extra classes, at no additional cost
- All students are placed with local Homestay families who are sourced and monitored by our own International Students’ Co-ordinator, who provides the link between the student’s family, the New Zealand family and the school.
Rongotai College is located in Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand, known for having vibrant city centre and varied and stimulating entertainment programmes (e.g. Festival of the Arts). Wellington has a beautiful harbour surrounded by bush-covered hills which provide an excellent base for recreational activities and our extensive Outdoor Education programme. Rongotai College is five minutes from the international and domestic airport and ten minutes from the centre of the city.
We have welcomed students from overseas since 1990. International students are important to us and we value them in our school as they add to the richness and diversity of our student body.
Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me at the college.